We’re looking for vendors to participate in our Cheer Box program as part of our Support Local initiative.
We have two ways for you to participate in the program — your products could be included in the Cheer Box, or your products could be included as a Cheer Box add-on.
Cheer Box products must have a retail price of $10 or less, and you must be able to supply a quantity of 30 products. We will purchase 30 products from you to include in the box. We charge a fee of 10% of the total value of your products to cover administrative and payment processing fees. For example, if you supply 30 items at $5 each, your fee will be $15 (30 x $5 = $150 x 10% = $15). When submitting your application for a Cheer Box item, keep the following in mind:
- Preference is given to consumable items that appeal to a broad range of shoppers, e.g. food, drinks, soap, health & wellness products, candles, stationary.
- The majority of items we select for the box will have a retail of price of $5 or less. While we will consider items with a retail price of up to $10, we recommend you include an item in the $5 range in your application to improve the likelihood of your item being selected for the box.
- You should be able to provide the entire quantity of your item in a similar size, shape and colour. Shoppers will not be able to select specific variants for the individual items in the box. Offering a standard set of products helps to make box assembly more efficient and improves customer satisfaction.
Cheer Box add-on products can have a retail value of up to $30. You should be able to provide at least a quantity of 10 of your product. Customers will choose whether to order your product when they purchase a Cheer Box. We will pay you for the products that are sold. We charge a fee of 5% of the total value of the products sold to cover payment processing fees. For example, if you sell 5 items at $25 each, your fee will be $6.25 (5 x $25 = 125 x 5% = $6.25). When submitting your application for a Cheer Box add-on, keep the following in mind:
- You should be able to provide the entire quantity of your item in a similar size, shape and colour. Shoppers will not be able to select specific variants for individual add-ons. Offering a standard set of products helps to make box assembly more efficient and improves customer satisfaction.
- Your item should fit in the box which measures 15″L x 12″W x 10″W.
Vendors whose products are selected selected for inclusion in the Cheer Box or as a Cheer Box add-on will be required to pay the annual membership fee of $10.
Important notes for submitting your application:
- If you are supplying baked goods or prepared food, these products must be packaged securely so that they will not be damaged by other items in the box, and will not come into direct contact with other items in the box. Someone from the CBCM will be in contact with you to discuss packaging requirements if your baked good/prepared food item is under consideration for the box.
- Pictures are required for your items. If you do not have a picture, please substitute with a stock photo that represents your item, and follow up with a picture when you have one.
- Logos are required for Cheer Box participants. If you do not have a logo, submit a stock photo in your application. We will create a simple logo for you, free of charge, upon request.
If you’d like to have one of your products considered for inclusion in the Cheer Box program, please complete the application form below.