The Constance Bay Community Market (CBCM) was created to provide a venue for community to connect and for local farmers, gardeners, artisans and craftspeople to showcase and sell their products. The CBCM is a non-profit marketplace managed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, a group of support volunteers and a manager. The CBCM’s vision is to become a self-sustaining, regularly occurring, social destination that recognizes and meets the growing needs of the community.
The CBCM serves the residents and visitors of the village of Constance Bay with the aims of:
- increasing the community’s access to fresh, healthy, and local food
- stimulating the local economy
- encouraging volunteerism and mentorship
- connecting people with local community organizations, programs, and initiatives
- engaging youth
by providing opportunities for:
- promoting the sale of products by local farmers, gardeners, artisans, craftspeople, and collectors
- shopping for agricultural products, arts and crafts, treasures and collectibles
- obtaining information on local programs and initiatives
- gathering to socialize
- enjoying the talents of local musicians and entertainers
Starting in the 2020 season, the CBCM will be located at the Northwind Wireless Fibe Centre.